Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Lethal

Title: Lethal

Author: Sandra Brown

Narrator: Victor Slezak

Publisher: Hachette Audio, 2011

Format: 11 compact discs, 12.5 hours

Genre: fiction, mystery, thriller

Obtained: borrowed from friend




Synopsis: When Honor Gillette and her four year old daughter find a "sick" man in their yard and he turns out to be the man accused of murdering seven people the previous night, what will happen?

Thoughts:  I liked the author's writing style, especially the way she used dialogue.  Her characters were interesting and I liked that they were all ages and very different from one another.  There was suspense and mystery to the story. What took away from the story was the corny romantic relationship between the two main characters that was just not believable.  I don't think this is a spoiler because it is very obvious what will happen as soon as these characters meet.  That piece really spoiled this book for me.  I also did not love the ending- everything was tied up, but when I finished the book I didn't have that satisfied feeling. 

If you like romance books along with suspense, this might be a book for you.  I am not a romance fan.  Romance books very often seem silly to me unless they are extremely well written.


                                                                




Company: Davids Tea

Tea: Organic Japanese Sencha

Obtained: purchased


Today I tried Organic Japanese Sencha from Davids Tea.  This is a steamed green tea with a high caffeine content.  The leaves were a very dark green of all shapes and sizes, with the majority being long and thin.  The scent of the leaves was vegetal.  I put 1 1/2 teaspoons of leaves in my teapot and poured 12 ounces of water that had been boiled over the leaves.  I let this steep for 1 minute.  The scent of the pale yellow liquid was almost floral but still had a vegetal quality. The taste was of spinach with a slight floral note to it.  The texture was a bit creamy.  This is a pleasant, refreshing tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment