Saturday, August 27, 2016

The Life- Changing Magic of Tidying Up

51H8x07Fd7L._SY344_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (245×346)

Author: Marie Kondo

Published: Ten Speed Press, 2014

Pages: 213

Genre: nonfiction

Obtained: library









Summary: In this book the author explains how to declutter your house by first getting rid of everything that does not bring you joy and then organizing and storing what is left by category.  By going through this process, and then being surrounded by only possesions that bring you joy, your life will be a better one.

Thoughts: I read this book, but did not go through the process of "tidying up".  You are supposed to hold each item you own and decide if it brings you joy.  If it does not, then you get rid of it.  You then store all your belongings by category.  This is a huge project!   It is supposed to be done all at once.  Now was not the right time for me to even attempt this.
     This book was a good reminder that I have way too much stuff and really do need to go through things and get rid of a lot.  Sometimes it is hard for me to get rid of certain items, for example, gifts I have been given or things I intend to use someday.  The author described the reasons why it is hard to let go of these things and made me feel it was better to get rid of these items.  There were also great storage tips.  I particularly liked the way the author folds and stores clothes.
     There were some things about the book that were, well, bizarre to me, like making sure I greet my house every day when I come home.  Another example of this is taking everything out of my bag or purse every time I get home and putting everything in it in its designated place in my home.  This just didn't make sense to me.  I always carry the same things with me and this seems like a time waster to me.  Also, I would forget to put things that I needed back in my bag.
     If you are ready to reorganize your house I would definitely reccommend reading this book. It not only has good ideas, but it is highly motivating.


                                                                 



                                                                           
Company: Art of Tea

Tea: Coconut Cacao Pu-erh

Obtained: gift








     This Coconut Cacoa Pu-erh was one of the teas in a Pu-erh Tea Sampler.  It was in an air tight, good quality tin.  It was easy to open.  The leaves were medium sized, long, and thin.  There were chunks of cocoa and coconut mixed in with the leaves.  The scent of the leaves was not pleasant to me.  It was somewhat earthy, but sour smelling.  There was a chocolate scent mixed in with this, but the sourness overpowered the chocolate.
     I poured 8 ounces of hot water over 1 tablespoon of leaves and let this steep for 3 minutes.  The liquid was a medium brown with an orange tint.  The scent was of warm chocolate with just a hint of coconut.  The liquid had a much better scent than the leaves.  The taste was of smooth sweet chocolate with an earthy background.  There was a slight coconut flavor mixed in.  It made a delicious blend.  I did not expect to enjoy this one as much as I did.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment